dimanche 6 novembre 2016

Paris Manga 2016

I do not often have the opportunity to go to rallies or fans conventions, but the 4th November, I could go to the Paris Manga convention with my sister, our main goal was to meet the actor Charles Dance, the special guest of the first day of the convention, and was present only on 4 November in Paris.


For the convention, I did not come in cosplay, but for the opportunity to meet a GOT actor, I put all my assets related to the series: my t-shirt with all the sigils GOT, my pendants Targaryen and Stark, and my Targaryen hat. To begin, when I arrived at the place of the Convention, I felt immediately like in paradise. Dozens of stands everywhere, selling all sorts of things: figurines, posters, clothes, and a lot more diverse and varied. Most things were related to the Manga universe, which is understandable with the name of the convention, but several of my favorite fictional universes were present, as Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Marvel and DC comics, and also some mangas I watch like Pokemon, Fairy Tail, Attack on Titan....


Photo with BB-8!

Of course, no surprise, there was a stand dedicated to Star Wars, but even more, the most iconic droid of the saga, I mean of course R2, was present, and came to say hello to people who came to see him. When I wanted to take a picture of him, he came to me and stopped, as if to pose for the photo. It was really funny.

But the nice characters of Star Wars were not the only ones to be present. The soldiers of the Galactic Empire were also there. Stormtroopers and Imperial officers, all armed, and I even thought I saw the Emperor Darth Sidious. I could not resist the opportunity to take a photo with the Empire (what? I'm a traitor? Yes, it is possible, and after?)

One of the highlights of the day was the Game of Thrones conference that I attended, with the three actors from the series invited for the event. I could see Ellie Kendrick, who plays the role of Meera Reed. Keisha Castle-Hughes, who plays Obara Sand (but also the role of the Queen of Naboo in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith), and finally, the exclusive guest, Mr. Charles Dance, aka Lord Tywin Lannister (who also played the role of Dr. Clemens in Alien 3). During their arrival on the scene, the whole crowd (me and my sister included), have applauded and encouraged them with all our strength, to show them that we love them and that France loves Game of Thrones. Charles, before sitting in his seat, even took a photo of the crowd with his phone. Hearing them talking about their experiences in the world of the cinema was really interesting. Ellie Kendrick knows how to speak French, and she has a very good accent, and she said that her favorite character is Brienne of Tarth, 'cause she's really badass. Charles Dance said his favorite character was Tyrion, and told us that each time he apologized to Peter Dinklage for all the wickedness that he had to tell him in the scenes they played together. I would like to ask them a question, but I have not been chosen from all the people who had questions. Oh well, it will be for a next time.

I ended my day in Paris Manga with the moment I was waiting for several months forward. After giving my ticket, I could enter the small studio or were professional photographers. Charles Dance was there for the photo session with fans. As GOT fan, it was a real honor to shake hands with Charles Dance, talk to him and take a picture with him. An unforgettable memory that I keep preciously. Charles is really nice, smiling, and has a great personality. As many fans were waiting after me, I could not stay long with him, but I was able to exchange a few words with him. A big thank you to Charles Dance for his visit to Paris and Paris Manga to have invited him to the event.



Mathias, the Killmaster
Fire and Blood \m/ 





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire