mercredi 5 avril 2017

Dark Souls 3 - Hardest and Best Game I ever played

Some time ago, after finally getting a Playstation 4, I bought a game that I had heard a lot about and that I wanted to test: one of the toughest games in the world: the one and only Dark Souls 3, the last of the Dark Souls saga, and which, for me, concludes magnificently this dark and epic saga.
Recently, I finished the game (not without a lot of trouble), and here is my feeling about it.


In the medieval apocalyptic world of the game, we are in the devastated kingdom of Lothric, and we embody an anonymous character (whose name, appearance and class can be chosen), as an unkindled, undead designated by fate to find the lords of cinder and bring them back, voluntarily or by force, to their thrones to be sacrificed to the fire, which will allow the first flame, artifact allowing the world to stand still alive, not to die.
For my part, I chose to be a knight, I called him Mathias of course and modeled the face of my character so that he resembles me.

Lothric's Castle

One of the great strengths of Dark Souls 3 is of course, as in all Souls games, fighting the bosses, and for the third game, they have booked fucking very tough monsters. Among the bosses that have given me the most difficulty, there are the Abyss Watchers, Dancer of the Boreal Valley, Aldrich the devourer of gods, Lorian and Lothric the twin princes, and the last boss, the Soul of Cinder. For each boss, a strategy must be developed by the player if he wants to win the fight. In Dark Souls, do not go ahead without thinking when you fight against a boss, otherwise you risk being massacred. The estus flask, which make up your health potions, are quite rare and must be used wisely. The more the game progresses, the harder and tougher the bosses become, so much so that some of them, if they succeed in chasing the blows, can kill you in only three or four shots. I'm not going to lie, I've died a lot of times in the game, I've even stuck at some bosses, but I did not give up, and one after another I killed them. If you want to go fast in a boss fight, you risk losing. Take your time, analyze the attacks of the boss while dodging them and observe each of his movements, because a single mistake can be fatal, to him just like for you. The fights can last long enough, but with the epic music, mixing classical music and Gregorian chants, we like to make these fights last.

Vordt of the Boreal Valley, one of the first bosses in the game.
I succeeded to kill him at my first attempt.

Graphisms are just.....WOW!

I've talked a lot about enemies, but you're not alone in the game, there are a few allies, rare, but they're here. You will meet them in the Firelink Shrine, which will constitute your base camp or you will come to improve your equipment, buy things or improve your level. Among the allies, to give an example, there is André the blacksmith, who can improve your weapons to make them more powerful (but it's not for free of course). There is also the Fire Keeper (her real name is unknown). She is the guardian of the fire and in a way, your guardian angel. It is revealed in the game that she and you share a common destiny: to maintain the fire to prevent the world from sinking into the darkness. In other allies I enjoyed, there is also Siegward of Catarina, a fat knight wandering in a big armor, slow enough to think but very fun.

The Fire Keeper <3


My final judgment for this game is the maximum score of 20/20. Dark Souls 3 is a masterpiece of the video game, with its dark, macabre atmosphere, these apocalyptic creatures that do not leave you any chance of respite, these epic soundtracks, those titan fights against bosses that are for the most part, much bigger than you ..... For the fans of Dark Fantasy, this game is gold.



Mathias, the Killmaster
Fire and Blood \m/ 







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire