dimanche 5 février 2017

Epica / Powerwolf / Beyond the Black - Epic Metal night at Paris

This February 4, 2017 will have been one of the best days of my life. First of all, I received in the morning my rare action figure that I ordered on the internet, of good quality, which I waited impatiently, and in the evening I knew that an important concert took place: At the Zenith, One of my favorite concert places in Paris, was going to be a great concert, with three bands I'm a fan of: Beyond the Black, Powerwolf, and headliner, Epica!
Arriving in the Zenith, where I had not been for two years, when I saw the scene again, I nostalgically remembered my concerts with Motörhead, Kiss and ZZ Top. It was in the Zenith of Paris that I had my most epic concerts. Despite many people who had arrived before me, I could place myself and have a good overview of the whole concert.

To start the evening, a Symphonic Metal band from Germany, which I had discovered (by chance) on youtube and whose style I immediately liked: Beyond the Black. Even if the band played only five or six songs, I was very happy to see them and hear them, in addition for their first visit to Paris. If you like metal music with intonations that make you think to fantasy and celtic, Beyond the Black should please you. In any case, for their first time in Paris, they managed to heat the room. Bravo!

The second band of the evening, but not the least, because it is a band I have been waiting for several years now, and of which I knew in advance that I was not going to be disappointed: the werewolves coming from Germany, a and whose notoriety grows at high speed for our greatest happiness: Powerwolf! The group already has a great notoriety in France because when they arrived on stage, they were received like kings. In video they are already impressive, but live, I was amazed. Their costumes, sets, their music.... They as much surprised me than when I saw Lordi and Ghost for the first time. They played some of my favorites, such as Army of the Night, Amen and Attack, Sanctified with Dynamite, or We Drink your Blood. The singer, Attila Dorn, spoke a little in French, saying that this evening was the mass of Heavy Metal. Indeed, I almost believed myself in a black Mass. My expectations were worth it, and I will go back to Powerwolf with great pleasure.

And to finish the evening, of course, the starring band, with so powerful and epic music, mixing metal and classical music, that it transports you into fantastic worlds. I want to talk about the one and only Epica. Before Epica started, I talked with two very nice guys, who told me that they had come expressly from the city of Brest, in Brittany, to see the concert, because they are very fans of Epica. With the lighting effects, the fireworks, the pyrotechnical effects, the concert of Epica has marked me as much as the concerts of Nightwish and Kiss that I did. Simone Simons, one of my metal angels, beautiful and superb voice, with her long hair of fire, has spellbound the crowd, as much as the rest of the band with the epic guitar riffs, frenzied drums and resonant keyboard. A fucking great show with a big "S".

Ah, another very good point during this evening. I met one of my foreign friends of Facebook, Madlen, whom I recognized at a distance thanks to her cool Powerwolf's makeup. I knew she was coming to Paris for the concert, but with the crowd there was, I could not find her right away. We talked, and made a picture both, to keep a memory of course. I am very happy to have met her, because I'm friend with her for several years already, and for me, it is very important to can meet my friends online. Who said that online friends are not true friends? Well, this is false. The value of distance is nothing. Unfortunately I could not stay long with her because it was pretty late, and I had to make it quick to take the last transport and avoid getting stuck in Paris. But as I told her, I hope and I'm sure we'll meet again at other events. See you next time Madlen :) \m/ 
Madlen also has a blog, which I will give you the link: Maddy's Blabbering


Beyond the Black


Powerwolf


Epica


Mathias, the Killmaster
Fire and Blood \m/ 









Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire