mercredi 11 février 2015

The Mosh Pits in the Metal world


ATTENTION: In this article, I am not criticizing the metal or the metalheads. I only criticizes the Mosh Pit.


I started listening to rock music in 2008, but I became a true metalhead only in 2009. In short, I'm a metalhead, in the heart, blood, and soul, I like almost all forms of metal and rock, I am very curious and always eager to discover new bands, but if there is one thing I do not understand and I can not stand, because I have experienced personally, it is the movements of crowds during the concerts, called Mosh Pits.

The concept is this one: a maximum of fans form a hollow circle in the middle of the crowd and begins to shake violently in all directions. When you see it from a distance, one could almost believe a giant brawl. I am quite willing to set the mood in a concert, but here it goes a little too far, right? Hey, it's a concert, not a battle, so calm down a little.


Uh....It's a concert, or a war? 


To begin, I finds this concept completely stupid because it's very dangerous. I have heard of Mosh Pits which degenerated. People have been injured, there's even been deaths during Mosh Pits. Can you imagine? This is terrible! People had come to a concert to have a good time, and are died all because morons (probably drunk or drugged), decided to start a mosh pit that ultimately turned wrong.  When I see this kind of disasters, it makes me angry, and it saddens me greatly, at first for people who suffer the consequences, but also because it gives a bad image of the metalheads. It is not surprising that with that kind of crowd movement, some people say that the metalheads are violent people.

And another reason is that ..... What is utility of the mosh pit, seriously? When I go to a concert, it's to enjoy the music and the show, but not to be shaken in all directions and feel like a pin in a bowling game.

I already been trapped in a mosh pit. It was during the giant concert with Motörhead, Airbourne and Tarja, last year. During Airbourne, fans started a mosh pit, and I was right next door. Fortunately I was able to get out of the mosh pit quickly without hurting myself, but I was shaken several times, which is not nice at all, and a man completely drunk is became violent, told me that he wanted to fight and started threatening to hit me (luckily, his friends intervened, they apologized).

In short, to say, I do not understand the Mosh Pit, I do not see the utility, I can not stand that. This is my opinion, each at his own.




                                                                 Mathias, the Lordi Rider

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire