jeudi 27 avril 2017

7 Points about why Bioshock is my favorite video game saga

I would like to know what is your favorite video game saga is and why? For my part, this is the Bioshock saga.
1. I have always loved the Steampunk, the future seen by the people of the past, with a pretty archaic technology based on cogs and clock mechanisms.
2. Bioshock talks about a lot more or less dark things like religion, racism, madness, etc ... And it expands these aspects with great efficiency, so much so that one can feel compassion or Hatred for certain characters.
3. Most of the "creatures" encountered in the trilogy are in fact human beings who have undergone brainwashings and other abominable mutation experiences, demonstrating how unbounded human cruelty can be.
4. In games, you have to make moral choices, for example you can choose to kill or save the little sisters (I chose to save them) or spare some key characters, and your acts will lead of how the game will end, good or bad. Bioshock is pushing us to think about human nature and it's really interesting.
5. In Bioshock Infinite, the notion of dimensions and parallel realities is brought about. I have always been fascinated by these theories of worlds within worlds, parallel realities where are living our look-alikes. In Bioshock Infinite, parallel realities become reality, and several times, Elizabeth and Booker discover themselves, in different realities to theirs, but each time with a little detail that changes. As Elizabeth says "Constants and variables." This is why Infinite is my favorite opus of the saga, the script is complicated, but it really pushes to think and when you understand, you are left speechless.
6. The character of Elizabeth is the best for me. Yes, I have a cruh on her, but not just for that. Her story is really interesting, complete and tragic. She is kind, intelligent and open-minded, but in the depths, she is tortured and sad and seeks by all means to put an end to the madness that reigns and to repair the errors of her father, and her owns.
7. Expansions "Burial at Sea" make (I think) a final point to the saga, because the expansions reveal all the links between Infinite and the first Bioshock (chronologically, Infinite is a prequel, because it takes place in 1912 and Bioshock 1 In 1960), and proves to us that "Everything was linked from the beginning". This end left me speechless, heart tight and deeply moved. I will say no more for no spoiling, but I really recommend the Bioshock saga, which for me remains one of the best video game franchises ever.




"No gods. Or kings.
Only man."

- Andrew Ryan, Bioshock 1


Mathias, the killmaster
Fire and Blood \m/


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire