mercredi 12 avril 2017

DiscoveRock Edition N°25 - Babymetal

For the 25th edition of DiscoveRock, I'm going to talk about a very special band, which I became a fan, a band that is subject to a lot of hatred (unfairly), on the part of purists metal fans. But I don't fucking care of what they think, I like this band and I put it in DiscoveRock because for me, it's a group like any other, which has the right to its chance and the right to exist. Here is my favorite Japanese metal band, Babymetal! \m/

The group was formed in 2010 and is still young, but has already acquired a worldwide reputation and made concerts around the world. A mythology was even created around the group, designating the three girls and main members of the group (Su, Yui and Moa) as young women warriors, who were chosen by the god-fox, a god of metal, to spread the power of metal throughout the world and fight the forces of evil. For me, being a super fan of fantasy and supernatural, I adore this idea which makes the group seem almost supernatural too. Babymetal is a mixture of Heavy Metal and J-Pop, and it's true that at first I found the concept interesting but strange, and then I listened, and in the end, I really liked, the mix is very well done. Even though I have not yet seen the band in live, their videos of concerts really impressed me too. The songs are dynamic, powerful, some fast, others slower, the dances are very well done, Su, Yui and Moa do a very good job, like the musicians who play with them on stage. They define their style as a new kind of metal, the "Kawaii" Metal, and I find the idea amusing. As I wrote at the beginning, metal purists criticize the band very much, saying it is not a real metal band, and with that I do not agree. There are metal elements, such as guitar, bass and drums, and the sound is clearly metal, so the band can be put into that category. For my part I am one of those who support Babymetal against these unfair criticisms, and I repeat, the group deserves to have its chance to exist. For now, the band has only released two albums, the first, "Babymetal", released in 2014, and the second, "Metal Resistance", released in 2016, and this is just the beginning. I wish a lot of success to Babymetal and a lots of other albums to come.

Members:
- Suzuka Nakamoto "Su-Metal" (vocals, dance)
- Yui Mizuno "Yui-Metal" (backing vocals, dance)
- Moa Kikuchi "Moa-Metal" (backing vocals, dance)




Greetings from France, and hail Babymetal \m/



Mathias, the Killmaster
Fire and Blood \m/ 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire