lundi 3 septembre 2018

My meetings of the London Comic Con

This July 2018, I lived what will remain one of the best moments of my life: The Comic Con of London.

For this important event, I met four actors playing in Game of Thrones, and one actor who played in Star Wars:



Comic Con of London, Day 1

Vladimir Furdik (Game of Thrones)
The very first guest I met at this Comic Con, is my favorite villain of Game of Thrones, and also among my favorites in general. He is the greatest threat of Westeros: Vladimir Furdik, the actor and Slovak stuntman playing the leader of the white walkers, the Night's King himself. Being a fan of white walkers, as much as with giants and dragons, it was a dream come true for me. Vladimir is a very discreet person, who does not speak much, but he has an incredible presence and a eye of steel, you almost have the impression that he pierces you with his eyes when he looks at you. It's the gaze of Night's King, that's what I felt. For the photo, when he put his arm around my neck, I felt almost crushed, because he has strength. If he had wanted, he could have broken my neck like nothing.



Iwan Rheon (Game of Thrones)
The guest I was praying to meet, because before, I was supposed to meet him at the convention in August, but he had to cancel for personal reasons, which is his right. But before, he came to London's Comic Con, and luckily he did not cancel this time. The only one is the unique Iwan Rheon, aka Ramsay Bolton, one of the most outstanding and cruel characters in Game of Thrones, a character worthy of the Joker's madness. While Ramsay is a monster of the worst kind, Iwan is just the opposite. Smiling, very friendly, he puts people at ease and talks with them. He is also very humble and does not think of himself as a superstar. I could not talk to him too much because there were a lot of people to take photos with him, and besides, he was behind schedule and apparently had a plane to take later, so his agent was a little urgent. Even though it was very short, it was a very strong moment for me to meet him and talk to him.


Comic Con of London, Day 2

Rory McCann (Game of Thrones)
For the second and last day at Comic Con, I met another actor I wanted to meet for a long time because he plays one of my favorite characters from the entire GOT universe: Rory McCann aka Sandor "The Hound" Clegane! I had trouble realizing that I met him, especially when I saw him for real. He is a giant, both in size and talent and inside, I was like "OH FUCK O_O". On the photo, I'm trying to make a tough guy's head, but I realize how ridiculous I look beside him XD. Rory is calm, discreet and after all, it's his right. Once again, there was a lot of people for a photo with him, so the meeting was short, but remained engraved in my mind, forever.



Ellie Kendrick (Game of Thrones)
This time, an actress, and not least: the lovely Ellie Kendrick, aka the intrepid, little but courageous, Meera Reed. Even though Meera is not considered as a main character, I am among those who love the character and care about her. She is a badass, she is among the rare characters who killed a white walker, and I also hope she will come back for season 8, to fight the army of the dead alongside the others. Ellie is really adorable, and it does not show in the photo, but I had to bend my legs a bit to not exceed the frame of the studio, they had adapted it to her size (she is 1 meter 55, and I am 1 meter 86).



Ray Park (Star Wars)
The last guest I met at this comic con was not the least. This time, I realized a childhood dream, which I had been waiting for years. Ray Park, actor and stuntman who played one of the most badass siths in the Star Wars universe: Darth Maul! One of the villains who marked my childhood. I remember being a child, when I watched Star Wars episode I, I thought this villain was so cool and dark. If I had been told one day that in many years, when I would be an adult, I would meet the actor of the character, I would not have believed. Ray is awesome and dynamic, he took his time with each person to talk to them and ask them what pose to do for the photo. For my part, I asked for a dynamic pose, and that's what we did. He is a martial arts pro, and it shows immediately in the poses he does, he has training. He is also very friendly with the fans, because when it was my turn to meet him, he shook my hand very hard and said "Hi man, who are you?" almost as if he was talking to a friend.


Finally, it was a really memorable experience, to meet these actors who play characters that I love a lot, but also to make my first comic con abroad. If I can do it again someday, I will, but it will depend on the guests who will be present.




Mathias, the Killmaster
Fire and Blood \m/




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire