vendredi 7 septembre 2018

Top 4 favorite "Classic" Disney Princesses

In the old days, I did not expect to make a ranking of my favorite "classic" Disney princesses, but since then they have been increasingly portrayed as strong, independent women, and not like damsels in distress unable to defend themselves, which is already a good point for me. And some of these princesses plainly show that they are not only able to fight, but also to be as strong as men. Here are the three disney "classic" princesses that have most marked my mind:



Mulan
I will start with the one that marked my mind first. The first time I watched Mulan, I do not remember my exact age, but I was a kid that's for sure. And I think I fell in love with Mulan. I found her very beautiful, but also, her courage had marked me. The fact that she took the decision to brave the taboos and to risk her life by taking the armor and sword of her father, and to go in the war to save his life. The scene of departure still gives me chills. Mulan is an incarnation of the word "courage". The few disneys I had watched before Mulan only presented the princesses as damsels in distress, and that did not interest me. And when I saw Mulan, I felt more interest for her 'cause she was showed with a true potential. And despite the trials, the suffering, and the fact that she was almost dead in an avalanche and she was rejected by others after they discovered she was a woman, she did not give up and went to the end. Mulan represents the values of a true knight: bravery, humility, sense of honor and sacrifice. A true warrior in the soul.




Elsa
I must admit, I did not watched Frozen at the cinema when it was released, and the first time I watched it was quite late (one year after its release, I think). Then one day, as everyone was constantly talking about it, I decided to take a look. At first, I did not expect to be marked by any particular character and looked with a neutral eye. Already, visually, the film was very beautiful. And secondly, a character has finally marked me: Elsa, the famous "snow queen." Already, her past: she was born with powers from unknown origin (I wrote a theory about Elsa's origins as I imagined it), and strengthening with age and becoming uncontrollable if her fear grows too much. And the day of her coronation, everything goes awry and her power is revealed to everyone, who sees her as a monster. Elsa then leaves to take refuge in the mountains where she thinks to live alone until the end of her days, wishing not to do any more harm around her. Her story touched me because she is part of the fantastic characters who are misunderstood by all and for whom I have a sincere affection. Elsa, despite her fear, tries to fight her inner demons to regain control, and you have to have courage for that. In one scene, she does not hesitate to use her powers to fight two men who try to kill her, and in the end, it is she who is about to kill them. She is even showing off as having fury in her eyes at that moment, as if her inner demon was taking over for a moment. Even though the end disappointed me a little with the power of love that solves the problem, solution that I found a little too simple, Elsa managed to touch me, because she is a character of a category I appreciate: lonely and dramatic. 



Merida
Strong. Independent. Brave. These are the words that best describe Merida, princess of a kingdom of Scotland in medieval times. Very gifted at the bow, she dreams of being an independent woman in a world dominated by men and does not want to be seen as a simple obedient woman. That's what I like about Merida, it's his rebellious side. In addition, her story with her mother is very touching and makes the character even more endearing.




Moana
As for Frozen, I did not saw Moana at the cinema and watched it quite late (I do not know why I do it all the time with the disney movies). In short, visually, the movie Moana is very very beautiful, I would even say that it surpasses Frozen. And Moana in herself also marked me. Already being little, she is shown to be curious and adventurous, which was already a good point. Then, growing up, her spirit of adventure has only grown, and she does not hesitate to leave her island to face an immense and unknown ocean, to save the world. Other good points: she stands up to men, and even to Maui, who is a demigod, and from their first meeting, she strikes him with an oar and pulls his ear as if he was a bad child. She then goes into the world of monsters and faces Tamatoa, a giant crab hungry for riches (which reminded me a bit of Smaug for this detail, XD). And in the end, she faces the fucking fire demon Te Ka. If that is not a proof of courage.... Moana is a resourceful woman, who learns to become an adventurer, but also a leader for her people, and I can only say: what a woman!


So much for my ranking. So the next time you hear someone say "Ha ha, disney princesses are helpless girls ..." Well, show him/her the movies with these characters, and wait for his/her reaction.



Mathias, the Killmaster
Fire and Blood \m/ 




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire