mercredi 4 mars 2015

Dirge: Slow, dark, deep, melodic..... One of the best French Metal bands.

I dedicate this article to a group that I discovered last year, of which I became a big fan.
Dirge is a French group founded in 1994. I classified their metal style into the mix "Sludge / Doom". They already have six albums to their credit, they made concerts in France and also abroad. Their songs are very slow, but very deep and melodic, with a very dark atmosphere. When I listen to their songs, I have the impression of entering another dimension, a world of darkness, and that's so cool. I always love the dark groups and Dirge was one of my best discoveries. I share their songs with my French friends and friends who live abroad, to make them discover this great band. One of my friends told me that their songs are very beautiful.

Dirge


Their last released album is called "Hyperion" and I do not regret one second to have buy it. The album contains only six songs, but all have a term of more than 8 minutes. Personally, I would say that my favorite song on the album is "Filigree". The album was ranked number 3 by readers of the webzine, Metalorgie. it would have been cool they are number 1, but # 3 is good too. I told them, great job guys! If you do not have this album, buy it without hesitation, I highly recommend it.

Cover of the album "Hyperion"


I had the chance to see Dirge in live, that's how I discovered them. It was last year in October, six days before my birthday, at the French festival Foud'Rock. I did not know Dirge before, but I liked the group name, and as I'm very curious, so I wanted to see. And it was a revelation. I immediately liked, and I hope to have the chance to see them again in live one day. 

My first Dirge live (Foud'Rock festival 2014)


To finish this article, I would say that Dirge is one of the best groups of French metal. :)
If you love the slow metal, melodic and dark, you will surely love Dirge. \m/




                                                                              Mathias, the Lordi Rider



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire