jeudi 31 mars 2016

DiscoveRock Edition N°12 - Akentra

Happy April 1st, and no, this will not be an April Fools article, sorry ;)
Welcome to the daily rubric of the month: DiscoveRock, and this month, returning to France, for I introduce you to a metal band from my country, a group I discovered last year and whose I am a fan and I go to see when I can: Akentra.

Formed in 2006 by Lucia Ferreira, the singer, and the drummer Steve Tilmant, Akentra is a French metal band, and for me, one of my revelations in 2015. Their music, very melodic, punchy, from beginning to end non-stop, is for me as a mix of rock and metal, very effective and giving very catchy songs. My headbanging mode is activated each time. The band has at its credit for now, two albums, "Asleep," released in 2010, and "Alive", released in 2014, which marks the return of the group after 4 years but they are still there, as the title of the album shows it. Akentra also has to his credit an EP called "IV IV IV," released in 2009. And I'm waiting for the upcoming of, maybe, a new album soon. :D 
For my part, I have already seen Akentra three times in live, and I will continue because I'm never tired. It's always a pleasure to see and hear them. I spoke with them, they are really nice, and I have memories as their setlist and photos with them, to keep a mark of these wonderful moments. I also made several videos of my concerts with Akentra, I published them on my youtube page (link under the text), and I share on foreign metal communities where I'm subscribed, making discovering Akentra to my friends living across the borders of France. So, if you love punchy and melodic rock/metal music, you'll love Akentra \m/ ;) 


Members:
- Lucia Ferreira (vocals)
- Steve Tilmant (drums)
- Thomas Boileux (guitars)
- Maël Hebert (guitars)
- Stéphane Rayot (bass)





Photo bonus: my last photo with Akentra, in February of this year. Thanks again to them ;)

See you next month Rockers, for the next edition \m/



Mathias, the Killmaster
Fire and Blood \m/ 



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire