vendredi 5 août 2016

Attack on Titan: Creepiest anime I ever seen

I do not watch a lot of animated Japanese in general, because most do not offer scenarios that interest me, but since some times now, I'm watching an animated Japanese series, very bloody and creepy: Shingeki no Kyojin, in English Attack on Titan, and in french l'Attaque des Titans.


To avoid spoilers, I will not tell the main plot of the series, but just make a brief description of the universe of Attack on Titan.
In the world of Attack on Titan, humanity has declined significantly and is greatly reduced, and now lives recluse behind huge fortified walls, to protect itself from a daily threat, appeared 100 years ago: a new humanoid race : the Titans, giant creatures with human appearance, but with bestial instinct, devoid of feeling and whose sole purpose is to devour humans. Indeed, the Titans do not grant any interest in other animal species. It is still unclear why the Titans seem wanting to destroy humans, but I think that this mystery will be solved by the end of the series. Who are the Titans? Demons from hell? The punishment of the gods to punish humanity for what it has done to the world? Nobody knows. With their strength, their size and resistance, the Titans crushed the human armies during the war, which forca humanity to hide.
The universe of Attack on Titan is very dark, dramatic and relies heavily on feelings such as friendship but also sadness, pain, horror and gore. Attack on Titan is the most creepy anime I saw in my life. The fights are spectacular, bloody, and the dead are not censored, we see the horror that the characters undergo. The blood spurts, and even children are not spared from being eaten. I saw a lot of monsters and creatures, but the titans from Attack on Titan are among the most terrifying I've seen in my life ..... But I admit I always liked horror creatures.
The most terrifying to me is their appearance. They look like humans, but with giant size. And their faces, expressionless, with deformed mouths, with predator smiles, and their way of devouring humans, without mercy. Their faces marked me. I think that these monsters were inspired by the Titans of Greek mythology, who also are represented as gigantic men, came to earth to devour humans.

A Titan's face.....Creeeepy as hell!


Mathias, the Killmaster
Fire and Blood \m/



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire