mardi 5 janvier 2016

Hero of the Month - Edition N°5

Hellcome humans for the first edition 2016 of the "Hero of the Month."
To start the year, we will meet a young student, became one of the icons of the horror movies, for what she has done, but also for her tragic story: a lovely young girl with telekinetic powers, Carrie White.

Carrie White, played by 2 actresses:
- Sissy Spacek (1976), on the left
- Chloe Grace Moretz (2013), on the right

In the story, Carrie White is a student, daughter of a religious fanatic mother, and persecuted by her classmates since kindergarten. Carrie must undergo bullying every day, and her mother does nothing to help, on the contrary. Convinced that her daughter is a sinful, she regularly punished her daughter by locking her in a dark closet, for she can atone for her "mistakes". But one day, Carrie discovers she has a gift: telekinesis, and with this power, she is less weak towards her mother and begins to make her own decisions. Carrie White is invited to the prom by one the student of her class, Tommy Ross. That Carrie does not know is that other students, led by Chris, a girl who hates Carrie and wants to make her suffer, have planned a plan against her during the prom. Through a ploy, Carrie is elected prom queen, but Chris reveals her plan and dropped a bucket of pig's blood, placed in equilibrium above the stage, on the head of Carrie. Carrie, covered with blood and shocked again sees people making fun of her again and suffer humiliation. But this time it is too much. Carrie becomes like possessed by hatred and rage, and unleashes her telekinetic powers in the room. She kills many students and teachers during the panic, and uses her powers to put fire at the prom room and locks everyone inside to let them burn. Then Carrie begins to wander into town, taking revenge on everyone. Chris and her boyfriend, Billy, arriving by car and attempt to crush Carrie. But this time, Carrie uses her power to violently send the car into the ditch, the car explodes, killing Chris and Billy instantly. Then when Carrie goes home, her mother tries to kill her with a kitchen knife, but Carrie, injured and panicking, uses her power to send knives on her mother and kills her. Devastated by what she did, Carrie puts fire and surrenders herself to her fate, and lets the house in flames fall on her, killing her.


To start, I've seen both versions (1976 and 2013), and I have no preference. Both are very good in their own way. Carrie White is very cute, in both versions, and we can not ignore to be really sorry for her. Despite what she did, I can not put her in the category of villains, because she is not.
Carrie is shy, ill at ease and is the daughter of a fanatical hysterical, which earned her to become a martyr by others and be seen as abnormal.
Myself, I suffered mockeries and I was rejected all my schooling because I had different tastes and a different way of seeing things. So in a sense, even if she is a girl and I am a man, I see Carrie a little like my female double.
To be honest, I am with Carrie, at 100%. During the scene of the carnage in the ballroom, I was like "yeah, let's go Carrie, made them pay for what they did to you."
The fact that Carrie dies at the end made me feel bad, because she does not deserve it, but I think this is to add even more drama to the story and conclude it definitely. Carrie died as a martyr, but she will not go burn in hell, she found the peace she desired so much and can finally find her way to a better world.
RIP Carrie White

With her tragic history, Carrie deserves her place in the list of iconic heroes, and also in the "martyrs" heroes.



See you next month for the new edition \m/



Mathias, the Lordi Rider
Fire and Blood \m/ 

2 commentaires:

  1. I too have seen both versions of this story. My favourite part of the original is when she dances with Tommy. In the 2013 remake my favourite part was when she kills Chris & Billy. (frankly I found Chris to be an evil bitch even more than in the original)

    When I was bullied in high school for having different tastes and behavioral/social problems, these movies make me look back and wish I did what Carrie did at the prom to all the people who bullied me in the past.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. If I lived in her world and I was a student in the high school, I would help her, and even become her boyfriend.
      She's cute, kind ..... She is shy, I'm shy too. But I would have taken my courage and I would invite her to the prom.
      Between Chris and Carrie, I want Carrie, without hesitation.

      Supprimer