lundi 19 octobre 2015

Mass Effect

October 17th was my birthday, and among my gifts, I received the trilogy of Mass Effect games on PS3. I had heard of this game franchise by my friends who play it, and many have recommended to me. Being also intrigued by this universe, I decided to enter to explore it and make my opinion, although having first watched videos games on youtube, I already felt I was going to like it.



I started the first game yesterday and I continued today, and I would first like to say that the graphics are very well done, the worlds are beautiful, the story is very complex and interesting, the very endearing characters, and many races of aliens that I discovered that intrigues me, to my delight, curious as I am. The Mass Effect universe makes me very thought of Star Wars. I think that Mass Effect is perhaps inspired of SW without having copied it. ME has its own universe, its races, its story, its characters, its plot ..... In short, a unique world of its kind.


Early in the game, before you start, you can choose your first name, your past, and customize the face of your character as we want. That's so great! Now, in the ME universe, my name is Mathias Shepard, orphaned settler who saw his parents get killed by slavers, joined the army and became a war hero later, after resisting alone against an enemy assault . In my head, I add that I am committed the army to protect the innocents, to prevent other families from suffering the same as mine, and so that other children from becoming orphans and suffer like me.
The characters are really cool too, especially the aliens to me. I met Garrus Vakarian, a Turian and Urdnot Wrex, a Krogan. Garrus is really cool and I like his behavior, ready to fight and to follow orders like a true soldier. I have a really good Canadian friend who has a romance with Garrus. Wrex is less calm, but he seems too loyal and his brute side rather makes me laugh. I met girls too. Tali, a Quarian, whose face is hidden by a helmet that reminds me very much the Daft Punk * laughs *. Tali is cool too, and Another of my good Canadian friends has a romance with her. 
And then there's Liara T'soni, an Asari. She is the one who attracts me the most. She is kind, intelligent. She interests me a lot, as much as her race than herself, and then also, I think she is very beautiful. In Mass Effect, you can have a romance with a character .... Well, I think my choice is made now. And also the main ship of the game, the Normandy, has the same name as a region of my country, so I feel pretty proud to be the commander of this ship.
For now, I have not finished the first game, but I wanted to say my first impressions, that are very positive, and I feel that ME will become one of my favorite sci-fi universes, at the same rank of Star Wars and Dead Space. 



Mathias, the Lordi Rider \m/ 



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire