jeudi 1 octobre 2015

My first Impressions about the Halo universe

I didn't grow up with the Halo universe, and I still don't know very well this vast universe, but in recent days, I read a lot on Halo wiki, to learn the maximum. I have not yet read books or play games of the saga, but above all, I like to learn a lot in order to understand and not feel lost. You will tell me, how can I give my impressions without having to play games? That's true, but I can still give my impressions of how I feels the desire to discover this universe. Correct me in the comments if I make a mistake.


From what I read, there are four main factions in Halo:


- UNSC (United Nations Space Command), represents the humans in Halo. Apparently, this is the faction the most appreciated by the players. The best known human is obviously the main hero of the saga, Master Chief, or also known as John-117, as the most famous character in all Halo and also became an icon among all the fictional heroes.
The human army of Halo seems not different from the other armies in the fictional futuristic universes: an equipment and powerful weapons at the forefront of technology, a highly organized command and leaded with severity and sense of duty.

- Covenant Alliance, an army of several alien species that are the main enemies of humans. I must say that the Covenant Alliance was one of the most interesting for me, because I really like the concept of an alliance between different alien races to fight together against the humans. In the races I saw: the Grunts (Unggoy), Elites (Sangheili), Prophets (San 'Shyuum), Brutes (Jiralhanee) Jackals (Kig-Yar), Hunters (Mgalekgolo) and Drones (Yanme'e).
Each species has a row in the covenant, and all species interest me (especially Hunters, Elites and Grunts)

- The Flood, or Parasite, Still something that interests me a lot. From what I read, the parasite appears to be a creature feared by all, because very dangerous and fast to reproduce. I saw pictures of several parasites, and they remind me a bit the Necromorphs from Dead Space, but unlike, the Necromorphs can only appear from dead tissue, while the Parasite of Halo seems to infect the living and the dead.

- The Forerunners, another alien race who are the creators of the Halos and their functions. The Forerunners created the Halos to contain the parasite and prevent it from spreading across the galaxy, and in case, the Halos were designed to destroy entire galaxies to prevent contamination of living species by the parasite. The Forerunners seem to have disappeared, having left behind them, the remains of their empire. The other species see the Forerunners as kinds of gods, as the supreme race of the universe. The history of the Forerunners is really interesting and very complex, and thanks to one of my really good Canadian friends, I know one of them, named the Didact (Emily, it's for you) ;)


To finish this article, I want to talk about a character who really interested me and which I don't stop thinking since the recent days. Her name is Cortana, she is an AI (Artificial Intelligence) and is considered as one of the main characters in the Halo saga, from what I read. She is also very close to Master Chief, she guides and assists him during his missions.
I watch Halo videos with scenes between Cortana and Master Chief, and I must say she really intrigues me. Cortana is an AI, and yet she seems above it, as she seems to feel human feelings, such as the affection, especially for Master Chief. Cortana does not seem like the others, and that's what attracts me to her, and also the fact that, despite she is an AI, she is rather beautiful. I really want to know all about her. 
Cortana, I want to know you.


Those are my first impressions and desires of discovery. If I join the Haloverse, which way I will choose? Humans? Ha! Since always, in any fictional universe, I've never been with humans. The alien races and worlds are really numerous and interesting, a paradise for the explorer that I am, always delighted to discover new horizons. I don't predict the future, but I think I'm going to like what is hiding in this universe.



Mathias, the Lordi Rider \m/ 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire