mardi 8 décembre 2015

Ghost and Dead Soul at la Cigale, Paris: My 2nd Ritual

Last night, I was back in Paris, to go to my last concert of the year 2015. I was at la Cigale, to see one of my favorite Swedish bands. A group that I had already seen last year, but I'm never tired of seeing them: Ghost.
It was the first time I went to La Cigale, and I must say it's a really beautiful concert hall, and the architecture was perfect for a group like Ghost. I saw my friend Elodia in the concert room and we saw the show together. It's better to have friends with you rather than being alone, it's even more fun.

Dead Soul \m/

The opening act band was also a Swedish group, called Dead Soul. I had listened to some of their clips on youtube a few days before the concert, and I was eager to see them in live. I liked their style, Electro / Rock mix, dark and melodic, with the powerful voice of the singer. The style and the group name are well find for a tour with Ghost. Although for my part, even if I find that the public had a little trouble to react at first, they enjoyed Dead Soul as opening act. Great job Dead Soul, you rock. \m/ 

Ghost \m/

Of course, when the intro of Ghost started and the group appeared on the stage, the crowd exploded completely and the atmosphere became overexcited. I remembered seeing a video of Ghost, abroad, who had made a minute of silence during a concert, in tribute to the victims of the terrorist attacks from November 13, and it had really touched me. This concert in Paris last night was a really special and important day for them and for the show they did to us, I thank them a million times. There have been several mosh pits during the concert, and I was caught in one of them. I've been shoved in all directions and I got my feet crushed. Painful, but I didn't let that spoil my evening.




Last year, I had seen Ghost in broad daylight, and they did not have their decor or their light effects, so it looks less impressive. But last night, I could see them in their element: the dark, and it's fucking beautiful. Ghost is not just an auditory spectacle, but also visual. And, surprise at the beginning of the concert: Alpha was back. Great! :D
Of course, Papa Emeritus III do not lack of humor and make laugh several times the crowd with his allusions "a bit extreme" XD
For the songs, well, they played classics like "Ritual", "Year Zero", "Ghuleh / Zombie Queen" and "Monstrance Clock", and of course they played songs from their new album, like "Cirice ","From the Pinnacle to the Pit"or "Absolution". I will put the full setlist at the end of the article.
They ended the concert with Monstrance Clock of course, and damn, what a epic time it was. All the crowd (including myself), hands outstretched in the air, singing with Papa Emeritus, all in choirs. A moment that touched my metalhead's heart and remains engraved forever. Thank you again Ghost for this wonderful moment with you, and I hope to see you again as soon as possible. You love France, and France loves you!



Oh, and at the end of the concert, thanks to my friend Elodia, I managed to get a plectrum of Ghost, now that I keep preciously in my room. Another memory of this memorable Ritual.


My video of the show:


And as promised, the complete Ghost setlist of the show:
1. Spirit
2. From the Pinnacle to the Pit

3. Ritual
4. Con Clavi Con Dio
5. Per Aspera ad Inferi
6. Body and Blood
7. Devil Church
8. Cirice
9. Year Zero
10. Spöksonat
11. He Is
12. Absolution
13. Mummy Dust
14. Jigolo Har Megiddo
(accoustic)
15. Ghuleh/Zombie Queen
16. If You Have Ghosts
17. Monstrance Clock



Mathias, the Lordi Rider
Winter is coming \m/ 





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire