lundi 21 décembre 2015

Star Wars: The Force Awakens: My point of view and feelings about the movie

SPOILER ALERT: If you have not seen the movie, don't read the article.

Wednesday, December 16, I went to the cinema, with my mom and my sister, to finally see the most anticipated film of the year: the seventh film of the legendary saga Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
I will make a summary of what I thought of the film, the new characters, my positive and negative points, and the note that I give to the film, to say whether I am happy or not.

Of course, I had to get a picture in front of the beautiful poster that was inside the cinema.

Once the Lucasfilm logo appeared on the screen, I was already in a trance, and when the Star Wars logo has appeared, with music from the intro that started, I was smiling like a little child, very excited and happy to finally be there to see the film.
In my personal opinion, I really loved the movie from beginning to end. I am not bored for a second. The universe is remain true, with some novelties, but great. New characters are all welcome and interesting. My favorites are Rey, a girl who plunders of wrecks to survive in a desert, tomboy, sexy and ready to hit where it hurts to defend herself. And she is sensitive to the Force. Badass <3. And also the Captain Phasma, commander of the new stormtroopers, as well as first female villain of Star Wars! Badass <3. The other characters, Kylo Ren, Finn, BB-8, Poe Dameron and Snoke are also really interesting and each of them has his place in the movie. No one is useless.
Finn made me laugh at first, because he is a little guy, afraid, who always tries to flee, but he is also disturbed by what he saw and he questioned himself to discover who he really is. A deep and very endearing character. Kylo Ren is a very interesting and particular character, because he is torn between the dark and light side, without really knowing what direction to take. Sometimes we feel sorry for him because it's just a lost young man who was been brainwashed, and that worships Darth Vader. The only disappointment I had, is at the final battle scene, when Ren was defeated, a little too easily, for me. But he is not dead, suggesting that he will come back, stronger. BB-8 is really funny, he made laugh several times, and I hope he will be in team with C3-PO and R2-D2, and want to see all the three together in a mission, it could be fun.
And of course, what a joy to see the iconic characters of the saga coming back in this film. Han Solo, Chewbacca, Leia Organa, C3-PO, R2-D2 .... And at the end of the movie, surprise, Luke Skywalker! Throughout the film I felt such emotion on seeing again these characters that have rocked my childhood when I discovered the first Star Wars movies. That night, I was dropped back to childhood.
For me, The Force Awakens is a great return of the saga, and a very promising first movie of a new trilogy that is epic announcement. Han, Leia and Chewbacca, fortunately, their mentality has not changed. Han is a little wiser than before, and he seems most respected the Jedi and the Force. 


My Positive points:
- The universe has remained faithful, and the music has not changed much and it also remains very true to the Star Wars universe. Awesome.
- The New characters and the return of the old characters, and the meeting between the two generations. Great idea, I love it!
- Action, drama, humor, tenderness ..... Everything that makes a Star Wars movie, and it's present in this one too.
- References to the original trilogy, for example the wrecks of Star Destroyers crushed in the desert, remnants of the old Empire, and also, the helmet of Darth Vader, mummified and charred, in the Kylo Ren's room. Wow!
- The end is epic! When Rey is on the planet, and meets Luke Skywalker. This moment has an intensity and incredible emotion. After that, you ant to see more! I want the sequel right now damn!

My Negative points:
The character of Captain Phasma is cool, but unfortunately not enough exploited and appears very little. And no fighting scene with her. Too bad, it could have been cool though. Maybe in the next film.
- Warning, Big Spoil: The death of Han Solo! Fuck! You should have seen my head when it happened, I was shocked, frozen in place and mouth open, and all the rest of the room too. The scene is dramatic, really sad. It was to add drama to the story, ok, but Han was one of the iconic characters and one of the most beloved of the saga. I don't deny that scene, it was played very well and worked, but for me to kill Han Solo was a bad idea. And poor Chewbacca and Leia, damn, I was sad for them! :'(


But still, The Force Awakens is a very good film, I look forward to seeing it again when I'll buy it on DVD. I give it a score of 9/10.
Star Wars is back motherfucker! \m/



Mathias, the Lordi Rider
Fire and Blood \m/ 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire